Old 08-12-2007, 07:54 PM   #2
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1117
Default Re: Bernard Dunne on Setanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooq
i'm glad setanta have picked up this fight - this will be my first chance to see dunne, and the undercard isn't bad either, with magee fighting oakey for the british lhw title, and andy lee and matthew macklin also fighting!
Okay first of all I have to state I'm very disappointed in you .
I've been posting links to the streaming of Bernard Dunne fights since he fought Pickering and you still haven't seen him

It's the best card we've had since boxing became big in Ireland again .

Bernard Dunne v Kiko Martinez-European Super Bantamweight title
Tony Oakey v Brian Magee-British Light-Heavyweight title
Matthew Macklin v Darren Rhodes
Paul McCloskey v Antonio Di Feto(lost a close decision for the Italian lww title in his last fight)
Andy Lee's homecoming against a yet to be named opponent .

Even the bout I'm least interested in(McCloskey's) has me excited as Paul is after stopping Ivan Bustos(22-11-3) in 4 rounds , which is the same amount of time it took Michaek Katsidis and it took Souleymane M'Baye 5 rounds(even if M'Baye has since looked very shit) . Di Feto lost a very close decision for the Italian title in his last fight so on a European scale this fight has some meaning and I'm starting to wonder if maybe Paul could do something at European level(which hopefully this fight will tell us) .

The Dunne fight itself will be a real treat for ya , great atmostphere and Dunne always puts on a show ,some of the Americans on the main forum were putting forward his last fight as a contender for fight of the year , which I thought was a bit much but the atmostphere really gets to you .

Here's Dunne's fight with Jailouev:http://www.rte.ie/sport/2007/0325/du...32674,null,228
I don't think RTE's video for the fight with Walstad is working and RTE changed their website after the Pickering fight and videos of Dunne's fight before that weren't kept so this is the only Dunne video I have for you at the moment .

Well and this poor quality video of his fight with Sean Hughes(Dunne has come on a lot since this)BORKED
BigEars is offline  Top