View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 07:37 AM   #9
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lyle vs Foreman - Why Was Lyle Able To...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell View Post
Affect Foreman so much more then Frazier in Joe's two fights against George?

Foreman was face down on the canvas in that fight. Ron really stunned him. Almost had him out of there even. In comparison when Ali had Foreman down Foreman got up and walked back to his corner. Not so much nearly being unconscious as having no will left to fight.

Frazier in comparison seemed to barely be able to get Foreman's attention, and it's not like he didn't hit him. Foreman had a big black eye after one of their fights while being interviewed and was joking about how Frazier's hook had given it to him.

And I honestly can't much separate between Lyle and Frazier's power.

Thoughts?
I think Frazierís power was a tad over rated as a power punch. The thing is, Frazier left hook was fast, and could be fired all night without losing any of its power. Frazier smashed cruiserweight sized heavies, but really did not blow out big people...Mathis, Bugner, Foreman. He could only grind them down over time before they got to him first.

I think Foreman's chin was pretty good, but not great. The Lyle fight shows us this, and its one reason why I think Foreman can be had by big punchers.
Mendoza is offline  Top