boxingtactics07
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: El Puma's strength conditioning thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenin View Post
good looks Puma. got some questions

1) what are your reasons for 3-5 minute rest between sets? buddy of mine was saying he read somewhere that you have to use least time possible between sets to get the "pump" but this causes me tire a lot faster so I take bout 2 minutes between sets

2) how many times a week do you work the same body part? In high school when I had alot of time to lift I'd give them 48 hours of rest before I worked them again. now I'm thinking that might not be enought rest time and since I dont have as much time at the gym I just work every muscle group once a week.

3) what muscles do you group and work togather on the same day? most people I know work arms one day and chest another day. what I do is work chest and trist one day and bis and lats next day.

here's what my weekly schedule usually look like:

monday: chest, tris, abbs
tuesday: lats, bis
wednesday: rest
thursday: shoulders, traps, abbs
friday: rest
saturday: legs, abbs
sunday: rest
Shit's pointless, even for bodybuilding. If you have to stick to a bodybuilding routine, do more sets/less reps for 2 compound exercises and ditch the isolation work. The only way people may possibly need skull crushers and bicep curls is if they are actually entering a bodybuilding contest. You can develop a functional body that looks great with a basic compound simple routine. The "pump" means nothing. This basic routine would have bench, rows monday, squats + abdominals tuesday, weighted chinups + weighted dips thursday, deadlifts + hyperextensions friday. You would put all your effort into those two exercises. You can use 10X10 @50%, 5X10@60%, 10X3@80%, ETC... it doesn't matter... as long as the rep and weight range correspond.

monday: Upper Body: Horizontal pull, Horizontal push
tuesday: Lower Body: Quad-Dominant, Abdominals
wednesday: REST
thursday: Upper Body: Vertical pull, Vertical push
friday: Lower Body: Hip-Dominant, Hyperextensions
saturday: REST
sunday: REST

Last edited by boxingtactics07; 08-24-2009 at 12:10 AM.
boxingtactics07 is offline  Top