View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 10:56 AM   #39
cross_trainer
Bergeron Avatar Club
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: ahh..crap..fedor signed a $5,000,000 contract with heros?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoalf
Everything I've said points exactly against this point in particular. Everything i said was the only "facts" that were presented to us from either side. Quoting Fedors menager Finkelstein "...even though UFC's offer is the most lucrative they are not flexible in their negotiations."

You also said that this will hurt his legacy. It's not a fact. As a matter of fact its a pretty bs statement. It might not make it greater but the only way to hurt it is for him to lose(convincingly) to nobodies who got beat by nobodies.
In this case, I'd have to agree with achilles about the resume. Fighters like Roy Jones and even Dempsey are often criticized for not facing the opposition that they could have--while I generally prefer to look at who a fighter beat rather than who he ducked, the public generally does not.

More importantly--Fedor's resume will be hurt in a relative sense compared to the fighters who come after him. His inability to fight in the UFC (for whatever reason) will leave him remembered as only the "best of the beltholders" before a true unified champion emerges. Because unfortunately, that's exactly what he will be.

Last edited by mike; 05-09-2006 at 11:58 PM.
cross_trainer is offline  Top