View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 03:01 PM   #1
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Herbie Hide is the EU mandatory

When he heard about the news the “Dancing Destroyer” lived up to his name and started dancing for joy. The European Boxing Union (EBU) officially declared former World Heavyweight Champion Herbie Hide mandatory challenger of EU-Cruiserweight Champion Giacobbe Fragomeni from Italy.

Hide: “That’s fantastic! It’s great to fight for a title again. I will show everybody that I still have what it takes to win the gold. I promise this will the first but not the last champion belt I win for arena. The EU title is just a step on my way to the World Championship.”

First of all Hide has to beat Fragomeni which won’t be easy to do. The reigning EU-Champion is currently ranked on No. 5 in the WBC ratings and lost only one of his 24 fights. In November 2006 European Champion David Haye stopped the Italian in round 9.

arena-CEO Ahmet Öner: “When Herbie signed with arena I promised him a title match within the first year. Now he is with us for half a year and already fighting for a belt. We know that Fragomeni is a tough opponent but Herbie is not a two-time World Champion for nothing. I am sure that he will knock out the Italian on his way back to the top of the world.”
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links