Old 08-22-2007, 06:21 PM   #12
ironchamp
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1230
Default Re: What if Lennox Lewis Beat Tyrell Biggs in the Olympics

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobkhan
They sparred 4 days, the first day Tyson kicked Lewis ass, the 2nd and 3rd Lewis adjusted to Tyson´s style and they were about even, at the 4th Lewis it was the first day the other way around. Tyson never changed his style, Lewis knew how to beat him and had the tools to do so. Knowing that it´s a 1+1 exercise to assume what would happen when they meet in the ring.
Lewis although had talent, improved notibly under the guidance of Emmanuel Stewart without his prescence we have, at best, the fighter who hit he heavyweight scene up until McCall.

I guess most acknowledge that he does stand out from the Heavyweight scene in the 80s though I disagree with those who believe he would have beaten Tyson in 1988. I think as professionals they would have met in 1988 which would have been roughly 3-3 1/2 as after he would have turned pro.

I do think that Tyson's prison sentence would have put him out of the picture and Lewis would have ruled most of the 90s (with a blemish or two) only to have Tyson come out of Jail and get a piece of the title (from a random belt holder) and lose to Lewis in a Superfight.
ironchamp is offline  Top