Old 08-23-2007, 09:07 PM   #14
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 576
Default Re: Jerry Quarry vs. Vitali Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duodenum
Huh? You're very welcome, but stature? Me?
Forced to name the best poster on this site, I'd go for you. Your posts are well-thought out and refer to lots of sources/fighters that I later look up and learn from. You also post REASONS for your opinions, which is something that is both rare and beneficial on this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duodenum
I'll defer to your greater familiarity with and knowledge about Wlad, as I'm admittedly deficient in my awareness of more recent competitors.
For all his flaws, Wlad is actually a very good boxer, in my opinion. He's one of my favourite fighters today, if only because he reminds me of the heroes of my youth (Frank Bruno, Lennox Lewis and Larry Holmes). Like them, he has a jab-orientated nature while still throwing power shots and being a hard working fighter.

I can see Wlad boxing on the back foot against Quarry, but such subtle and cautious boxing has never really been a feature of Vitali's career. For tall boxers, it pays to have a weaker chin, because it teaches them to be more respectful of the punching power of shorter fighters.
The Kurgan is offline  Top