janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Would Ingemar Johansson have have won the title

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senya13
What power? The one he used to knock out Lloyd Barnett, Erik Jensen, Ansell Baba Adams, Aldo Pellegrini, Uber Bacilieri, Joe Bygraves, Hans Friedrich, Archie McBride? I'd bet my house that Lamar Clark would go through this opposition with a perfect record, all by KO.
Yes but then when he got to Eddie Machen he would loose and Patterson would not even bother to fight him.

The fact that Johansen iced Machen in one round while he took two all time great punchers the distence shows that he had top end power if nothing else.

Since you seem to think so little of his skills I wonder what you think got him as far as he got if not his power?

Quote:
What he could do in Machen fight? Use the fact that he was completely unknown and make Machen change his style to something unusual for him, throw any thoughts about defense out the window trying to achieve a quick KO?
But then he pulled off the same feat exactly against Floyd Patterson. This should make you take a closer look.

Quote:
Even young Foreman looked like a much better boxer than Johansson.
I would have to disagree.

Quote:
Johansson is a tomato can compared to Ruiz. If they fought ten times, Ruiz would win all ten, most by KO.
I am not convinced.

I think that Johansens best wins are much better than Ruiz's and I also think that the worst fighter Johansen lost to was better than Ruiz himself.

Last edited by janitor; 08-24-2007 at 01:07 PM.
janitor is offline  Top