Old 02-25-2009, 03:34 AM   #37
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Marquez: “I am the true Mexican fighter in this fight!”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realspitts View Post
Juan Manuel Marquez recently spoke to Mexican media about his upcoming lightweight clash with Juan Diaz set for this Saturday night on HBO!Juan Manuel Marquez:“Diaz is a fighter that throws many punches. Every second and minute of every round Diaz is throwing punches and they’re all coming from different angles. We have prepared for this. This is why I have put special attention in my training on my speed and my reflexes. I feel we have prepared everything for this fight that I need to be successful. I think the crowd in Houston will be divided. There will be many Mexicans and many Texans. I think the Mexicans will support the only 100 per cent Mexican fighter in the ring that night, and that’s me. I’m the true Mexican fighter in this match up. At the end of the day it will be only be me and Juan Diaz in the ring.”On training for the Diaz fight:“In the final stage of training we really focused on working with speed. The strength is already there, we worked on that and it’s where we want it to be. Now we have added the speed.On Juan Diaz:“Diaz is a fighter that throws many punches. Every second and minute of every round Diaz is throwing punches and they’re all coming from different angles. We have prepared for this. This is why I have put special attention in my training on my speed and my reflexes. I feel we have prepared everything for this fight that I need to be successful.On fighting in Diaz’s home town of Houston:I think the crowd in Houston will be divided. There will be many Mexicans and many Texans. I think the Mexicans will support the only 100 per cent Mexican fighter in the ring that night, and that’s me. I’m the true Mexican fighter in this fight. At the end of the day it will be only be me and Juan Diaz in the ring.”On the state of Mexican boxing:“We’ve just had a bad streak, but Mexican boxing has always had the guts and the courage to go on… and this will not be an exception. Margarito lost. Arce lost. Now my fight is coming up and let me tell you I will put all my heart, blood, and soul on the line to get the victory for the Mexicans so we can end the bad streak we are having.”
Does anybody actually read a whole post nowdays?

Can anybody highlight where JMM is actually dissing Juan Diaz?

JMM is actually giving Diaz his props, by pointing out his strenghths.

People born in Mexico will root for JMM.....Americans born to Mexican parents (who would consider themselves Texans) will root for Juan Diaz....makes absolute sense to me.
divac is offline  Top