Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241
Default Re: Bernard Dunne on Setanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
Dunne is not done.

He will be back better than ever. I truly believe that. I know a lot of people are saying hes chinny after being KO'd in such dramatic fashion but Im still not convinced. He was in against a heavy puncher & was caught cold, similar to Ray Bautista a few weeks back, & Matthew Hall, a few weeks before that. 3 young unbeaten prospects with bright futures, all beaten in the 1st round.

The 3 of these guys may be in fact chinny, but all Im saying is its difficult to tell when they are hurt in the first few minutes of a fight.
For intance, look at Juan Manuel Marquez. In the first round of his fight with big punching Pacquiao. Now we all know Marquez has a solid chin, but against Pac he was caught cold in the 1st round, was decked heavily THREE times & came within a bawhair(ball hair to non scots readers ) of being stopped. Then in the second round JMM gets his shit together, & gave Pac a boxing lesson & took all Pacs powershots no problem, & in many peoples opinion won the fight!

Now if the ref had stopped that fight in the first round, everyone would have been screaming that Marquez was chinny. You catch my drift?
Marquez was pimping Pac after the knockdowns though anyway.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top