Old 03-10-2009, 12:02 AM   #13
sweet_scientist
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: JMM vs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_scientist View Post
Not yet mate. I'll watch it as soon as it comes in, and report here soon after.
I just watched the second Saijo-Rojas fight. I think with the kind of form he was in that night, Saijo would give Marquez all he could handle.

He has great punching skills, a good jab and left hook, a good straight right hand, and he can explode when he has his man hurt, despite looking quite lanky.

Also has good movement and body rhythm (kinda like Jiro Watanabe), can bounce around for 15 rounds quite comfortably.

Like most tall, lanky blokes he does have a tendency to get hit, and whilst he will hit Marquez with plenty of shots, I think he will receive just as many in return, mostly with the left hook (does drop his right hand a little from time to time after echanges).

Big question for me is how he takes punishment and returns fire after getting hit consistently. Rojas really struggled with his reach disadvantage and wasn't able to put Saijo under consistent pressure. Marquez will. I'd like to watch a bit more of Saijo to see how he responds after taking a beating. I might nab his fights with Kobayashi and Stevens to see if I can get some clues as to that. I've seen his last fight against Gomez, but he seemed a different man there to the one that faced Rojas.
sweet_scientist is offline  Top