Old 08-28-2007, 09:36 PM   #2
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: ARTHUR Vs GOMEZ WHY?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM83
It seems to be going around just now that a rematch is on the cards between these guys, but why?

Don't get me wrong the 1st fight was FOTY but, does Arthur need Gomez?

Seems like Gomez needs Arthur more than Arthur needs Gomez. After the 1st fight was Gomez willing to give Arthur a rematch? No chance was he giving him a rematch. He was more interested in getting into contention for a world title fight. Until that collapsed.

Now after his career has hit a brick wall and he's looking to make some money, he starts calling out Arthur again.

Stay scottish

Well now is the time for Arthur to be more interested in Guzman and the rest of the big names at SFW. He's went down the long and hard road at domestic and European level to get in contention at world level. He deserves to be where he is and I personally believe he belongs at that level.

So why should he waste his time with Gomez? He doesn't need Gomez, and Gomez has done Jack shit to deserve it!

If the shoe was on the other foot would Gomez give him the opportunity?
Well Tam,I made another thread about the subject of Arthurs next opponent last night, but as you dissed my thread & started your own thread, looks like I will have to talk in your thread

Just joking Tam my good man

As for Gomez, now that prickface Guzman wont give up his title(as I predicted) Arthur has to take some 'keep busy' fights until he gets his chance to join the elite, so why not batter Gomez about? Alex gets his revenge, sells loads of tickets in the process & buries the ghost of Gomez forever.

This would be a great fight for Arthur if it comes off, but I would worry for Gomez health, & Im not just saying that to be nasty, cos Arthur is a completely different fighter to the one Gomez beat before, & Gomez himself is struggling to beat journeymen nowadays.

Its a moneyspinner & a safe bet for Arthur. It makes perfect financial & legacy sense.

Stay scottish
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top