percy davo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Great Andrew Johns Not So Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesmale
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=291063

Rugby league legend Andrew Johns has been arrested for possession of an ecstasy tablet in London.
Police stopped the 33-year-old former Australian Test captain at Kings Cross underground station on Sunday afternoon.

The rugby great had been partying at The Church, an all-day club at Kentish Town that is popular with Australian expats and tourists, and claimed an "unknown person" had pushed the pill into his jeans.

"I was having such a good time, seeing it was the last day before I flew home," he said.
"I stupidly forgot about the tablet and instead of getting rid of it, I left myself in a situation I soon deeply regretted.

"I have been a very foolish person and realise I have brought great disappointment to my family, friends and many people, including lots of youngsters who have looked up to me over the years.
"It has left a black mark on my reputation which I will work very hard at erasing". He was not charged over the incident and is free to return to Australia, but if he is ever caught in another similar situation he could face court.
Johns was searched as part of a British Transport Police operation in the London underground to catch drug users travelling to the Notting Hill Carnival.
The former footy star was one of 206 people arrested for drugs possession in London over the British holiday weekend.
Police confirmed last night that "an Australian man in his 30s was arrested and cautioned for possession of an ecstasy tablet".
Johns had been holidaying in Britain, and had spent the previous week attending the Challenge Cup final at Wembley stadium and coaching the rugby union club Harlequins.
Come on guys hes at an all day club I know these day clubs go off after you have been out all night and still peaking or looking to peak so places like this is where you go to do that shit.
And denying that he did not own the pill after leaving a place like that is ridiculous any other person other then a celeb would be hung for it and no one would ever beleive what he has said and truth be told I dont beleive him.
But I should not complain have dabbled with the shit in the past myself.
percy davo is offline  Top