View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 09:04 AM   #23
bigG
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did you like Frank Bruno in the 80's and/or 90's?

bruno was a true gent who had problems later in life, and the way the press/public turned on him was appaling.....the guy was a true born and bred british h/w champ, not a bandwagon brit or flag of convenience champ like some..erm..lennox.....sure he was a division belowlewis in terms of acheivment and skill, but he was consistently in the top ten hw throughout his career and could ko ANYONE he hit...i rate brunos power as being amongst the greatest ever for a heavyweight.....i was so disapointed in him that night of the second tyson fight...i honestly believed, and still do, that mikey was there for the taking that night...i saw it unfolding with an aggressive beruno manhandling tyson and ko'ing him within 6 rounds...sadly, it was never to be..big frank performed the big freeze, and the fat lady sang...c'est la vie....as one of lifes big missed opportunities, that one was huge for bruno...but really, we should remember him with fondness for all those exciting british boxing nights.....the big guy kicked ass for years and only fell short by inches, not miles.....
bigG is offline  Top