View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 04:33 AM   #38
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tszyu - where do Australian persons rank him amongst the all time best -questionm

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe
Anyone else put him top ever 10?

Or have the Americans here made you scared to hold such views?
I couldnt care less what they think to be perfectly honest, I don't have him in the top 10 on percieved or realised talent because frankly I think there are other fighters who are simply better. He is a great boxer, and had great talent, but then so did so many other great fighters in the last 25 years.

I am probably one of the biggest advocates here like yourself that boxing has definitely progressed. However that said, there were some fantastic fighters who came from the eighties and nineties, a few of which I would put above KT.

Perhaps I would have him higher then what I originally said, but since I have never been bothered to make a top ATG list of my own, I really can't say for sure. I do know however that I would not have him in the top ten based on my own personal analysis.

IMO truely great fighters can alter their gameplans, to overcome different opposition. I think this was something KT had trouble with at times. He was and will always be susceptible to pressure fighters.
MSTR is offline  Top