View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 08:12 PM   #2
sambo1987
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mundine VS Geale.....how will it pan out?

I had a dream last night Geale knocked Mundine out cold in the 5th round..

Although I had the same dream about Hatton knocking out Pacman as well..

But seriously, I've woken up now and I kinda see it like this:

Mundine will start out cautiously for the first 2 rounds, probably still taking them with the more accurate punches, Geale will shell up a bit most likely and pick his spots but Mundine likely beats him to the punch.

Rounds 3 - 7 Geale will start to take some more chances, relaxing a bit and try and return serve with Mundine which I reckon will work well for him as he can box a bit. Mundine will choose his spots again and take half the rounds with the cleaner punches.

Rounds 8-10 Someone will go down, got a feeling it will be Mundine, but it will take everything from Geale and will leave hiim knackered. Mundine will shell up his defense or get on his bike something chronic to tire Geale down even more and to recover.

Rounds 11 - 12 Mundine will turn it on as he'll need the last 2 rounds to take it, Geale will have little left and will probably take Mundine's punches but survive.

Mundine - Close points.

N.B. I haven't seen a great deal of Geale (only his fights since taking the IBO) so I am not sure how he will stack up against Mundine. I am hoping he pulls off the upset, and obviously thats not a far fetched proposal as he can clearly box.
sambo1987 is offline  Top