RESULTS FROM VIP SHOW 24TH JUNE AT WIGAN
- Proved again what a warrior he is and that he is still the best value for money fighter in the country with a 3rnd KO win, in what could only be described as a war. His opponent Youseff Al Hamidi flew out of the traps and took the 1st round with full out attacks on Gomez, which saw him finish the round with cuts above both his eyes.Mike regrouped in the corner and opted to trade Fire with Fire in the second and dropped Hamidi twice with wicked body shots that swung the contest towards Gomez. The final round was a repeat of the second as Gomez chased him around the ring dropping him again with beautiful body shots until he take no more - the action was non stop and Mike weighed 9st 6lb.
- Beat Dutch import Ronnie Daniells easily on points in a work out that will have tuned Alex up nicely for his next fight back in Wigan on the 6th July on the Jamie Moore Sky bill. The Amsterdam guy was a barrel of tricks but Alex managed to keep his composure and used the day as a good work out to move to being undefeated in 8.
- The Wigan ticket seller excited the crowd in an up and downer with Irfan Malik before stopping him in the third.The ex wrestler has so much to learn about the boxing game , but sure likes a fight !
- Beat Dave Kirk on points in a bout restricted to 4 x 2 when David turned up 9 lb over the made weight of 11st 2lb - Chris weighed under 11st.
- Continues to show improvement in every fight and moved to 5-0 with his first stoppage win over imported Justin Barnes who was really outclassed in the 2 rounds that it lasted.
- Lost to Tony Randell in a s**** that pushed the Gomez thriller for fight of the day , both lads went toe to toe with little care about defence and one was sure to go - unfortunately is was John who was stopped with just 1 second to go in round 5 .
- The Yorkshireman is a quality operator and shown his class to handle the game and durable Rom Krauklis in another entertaining contest. Gary moves to 4-0 and next fights on the SKY shown in Barnsley on the 13th July
- Won his pro debut against Peter Buckley who turned up to replace the booked Tony Hanna.
6th July 2007
- Is the date of the next VIP show which is in association with Maloney Promotions and will be shown live on SKY. It is again in Wigan and will topped by Jamie Moore in a WBC International fight and supported with a British Bantam weight title fight . The full matched bill will be announced very shortly and will include Matchroom fighter Tony Dodson , tickets available at www.vipboxingequipment.co.uk