Old 09-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #37
Maxmomer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 619
Default Re: Macriano Vs Dempsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeIsGod
Great fight! Dempsey was a fast starter, Marciano was not. Would Marciano be able to survive Jack's early onslaught? I say yes. Dempsey probably even knocks Marciano down once or twice.

After that, I think Dempsey would control the early rounds with his bob and weave style, but eventually the Rock's superior stamina and will would kick in and stop Dempsey late in the fight 13/14. Eventually, I just feel Marciano's punch output would overwhelm him.

It's not a knock on Dempsey, I just feel Marciano was the greatest conditioned hw of all-time. See the 15th round of Marciano-Charles I; he's just winging shots from all angles the entire friggin round.
Again with this shit? Dempsey had more than enough stamina to stay live the whole fight and the damage Rocky would take early on would have a serious effect if (IF) Dempsey was unable to TKO him mid round. With your logic you could argue that Marciano would beat anybody, which is bullshit, obviously. You speak as though Dempsey had a serious issue with fading down the stretch, which he didn't.
Maxmomer is offline  Top