Old 09-13-2007, 06:14 AM   #24
"TKO"
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do so many American fighters claim foul play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manjanek
Because shady tactics exist overseas. Enter:The Kendall Holt vs Torres debacle. Hit in the head with a full can of beer.... pulled on the legs when knocked down- or ANY ricky hatton fight where he is allowed to greco roman wrestle his opponent- or any fight in a country that a victory ends in a riot.
It's really not that they complain that there is foul play- it is just that the odds are certainly slanted in the other's favor. But really I say that it is just homefield advantage (with the exception of if it physicially lessens a boxer's physical status [for instance a beer can to the face]) But I think Heckling outside of the ring is fine and the like. It is when a boxer has early weigh ins... or the countryman from the foreign country has unchecked gloves (Harris vs witter) that you really can raise an eyebrow and give speculation as to the shadiness of the circumstances.
Anybody who gives any credence to Harris's claims of shady circumstances is, IMO, an idiot. It is pretty obvious to me that he has desperately been hunting round for the first excuse he can find just so people will actually bother to watch him again! If his cornermen were supposed to watch Witter's hands wrapped and didn't then whose fault is that? A cynic might say it could have been done deliberately as a ready-made excuse!
"TKO" is offline  Top