View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 12:44 PM   #18
2ironmt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpsilonAxis
Ok, let's look at it based on what actually happened...

Lost in 19 seconds to Tua.
Went 1-1-1 with Holyfield (i thought he won 2 of those fights, however).
BEAT Kirk Johnson after Johnson VICIOUSLY lowblowed him 4+ times.
Beat Fres Oquendo convincingly.
Lost to RJJ.
Beat Hasim Rahman convincingly.
Beat Andrew Golota.
NC against Toney who tested positive for drug use.
Lost to Valuev in controversial fashion.
Lost to Chagaev in non-controversial fashion.

Overall, he has fought a great list of fighters. All your allegations are proofless. He's a guy who could always go 12 tough rounds, and who never had a single tuneup fight for 5+ years. VERY few fighters have fought on the highest echelon of the division so consistently.
i watched the oquendo fight and he didn't win convincingly by any stretch of imagination. from my recollection the best way to describe most of the above fights were Ruiz was competitive w/ Oquendo, Golota, Rahman, Chagaev, and Valuev and either got some close, some disputed wins and losses in some rather boring fights. He has fought a GOOD list of heavyweights (meaning compared to other active hw's his resume stacks up well and has fought a lot of guys, but he hasn't fought really any great hws). Ruiz has been a competitive fighter with the top of the division over the past 6 years or so and the division hasn't been stellar, but that is an accomplishment. All this being said any non Vitali hater would have to admit that VK is the more dominant hw and his resume stacks up with (and IMO is better) Ruiz's although Ruiz might have fought one or two more solid hw's. You cannot ignore how a fighter has performed in their fights (even against good hws) not just who might have eeked out a controversial decision etc. Also any non delusional human would realize that VK would absolutely dominate Ruiz head to head.

Last edited by kongpain; 06-15-2006 at 06:30 PM.
2ironmt is offline  Top