Old 07-01-2009, 03:51 AM   #30
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2137
Default Re: Harold Johnson - Frightenly Muscular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetethePrince View Post
Of course genetics is important. As diet & hard work is too. However, the idea that you "can't achieve" that status or a Harold Johnson status because of limited genetics is simply untrue. It may take 5-20 years, but you will get there. And adding steriods/supplements you definitely will. Trust me, I've known skinny kids that looked like they could be scrawny forever but they built themselves and much bigger/stronger in just a short period of time (A few years). You'd be surprised what hard work/consistency can do.
I agree with some of that, namely that you can improve radically beyond what you once were, but genetics play a massive role in your ultimate development.
Yes, with training and absolute dedication one can pack on a lot of muscle, but genetics will still ultimately determine how you look.

Pete, go read some of Stuart McRobert's books. It's a bit of an eye-opener as he writes specifically for typical hard gainers. (ie 95% of us) Robert Kennedy is another author who doesn't beat about the bush.
Both state flatly and in no uncertain terms that the genetically average will always be confined to a lesser physique, though one that is still reasonably impressive if 100% dedication is apllied.
Bodybuilding magazines have finally admitted to it as well.

The notion that anyone can look like a Harold Johnson or an Arnold Schwarzenegger if enyielding effort is applied, only that it may take longer, is 100% false.

Oh sure, you may get as big or even bigger, but you won't look the same. You won't look as symmetrical, as proportioned or as vascular. It's just the way it is.
fists of fury is offline  Top