View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 03:35 AM   #53
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anyone who is impartial has to think Mayweather is a SURE favorite, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandman
I don't believe anyone can be considered to be one of the greatest WW's of all time, when they have only fought:

Sharmba Mitchell (at what age? - 35, 36?)
Zab Judah - straight after a terrible, terrible loss
Baldo

And now, fighting the best 140 fighter out his weight class.

at Welter.

Dozens and dozens of guys could have done that at welter.
I think you misinterpreted what I said.

I don't think he is the greatest welterweight of all time. I don't think most people think he is the greatest welterweight of all time.

When we talk about matchups between the greatest heavyweights, people will throw in Frazier, people will throw in Foreman, people will throw in Bowe as names for hypothetical fights when we are talking about HW greats. Most people agree that neither of those three are the greatest HW ever, but that they deserve to be in the discussion, especially when talking about hypothetical matchups.

I think Mayweather deserves to be a part of the discussion is all.

Not all of Mayweather's opponents have been world beaters, but he does have a pretty damn good resume. Also, the WAY in which he beats his, admittedly not always the best, opposition is incredible. Typically he TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY outclasses his opposition, which is very important.
codeman99998 is offline  Top