Old 09-14-2007, 07:04 AM   #4
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bowe-Holyfield III

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickHudson
Revisited Bowe-Holyfield III last night.

Do any of you know the truth re: Evanders health and condition going into the fight? I know there are reports of illness (hepatitis).

On the other hand, Commander got smashed hard to the body early which may have contributed to him running out of steam as much as anything else.

Also, the initial knockdown was a terrific right hand from Bowe, and Evander didnt see it coming, so its really not that surprising he got stopped shortly after.

Just wandering what the consensus is on the forum?

On a related note. For those who believe Bowe deserved to keep his title in Holyfield II (I think a case can be made given Bowes great 12th round when the fight seemed to be in the balance), this means Bowe went his entire career without losing...

Despite the thinness of his resume, any thoughts on upping his ranking?
Holyfield seems to have excuses when he losses. The Morrer, Bowe, and Byrd fights come to mind.

I saw a bit of Holyfield vs Mercer last night. In this fight, he was a real warrior. Evander was down on points and had a dangerous cut in the corer of his eye, yet he came on strong in round nine to floor Mercer and pounded out a close 10 round decisions.

I beleive Bowe beat the best version of Holyfield in the first fight.
Mendoza is offline  Top