View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #207
Axl_Nose
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinxkid View Post
Who was it, Teeto, that said he liked "Unforgiven"? I'm not real big on Westerns, but that's my # 1 of all time. Also, I like most of John Wayne's movies, "The Man who shot Liberty Valance", is a great one. And Mcvey, mentioned a lot of great films, too. "Treasure of the Sierra Madre," definitely, and other Bogart flicks, Maltese Falcon, The Big Sleep, and I liked the boxing flick, The Harder They Fall... On the Waterfront is probably one of my top picks, It's a Wonderful Life, and of the more recent classics, most things by Scorcese, DeNiro, Pacino, and I like Hoffman too... A couple more obscure ones of these guys'... The King of Comedy, Scarecrow and Midnight Cowboy.

Just wanted to throw my 2 and a half cents into the pot...

I cannot stand Unforgiven, way too schmaltzy like a lot of Eastwood's later films. Million Dollar Baby, Iwo Jima, Flags of our Fathers, and Gran Torino is exactly the same .. This kind of stuff plays well in America but everywere else in the world says 'That is soooo schmaltzy and soooooo American' ..
The Outlaw Josey Wales is my favourite western and i think hes class in the Leone and Dirty Harrys ....

Tom Hank's films are total **** .. This guy always plays a guy who you feel sorry for, whether its Forrest Gump, or a dude who gets stranded on a desert island, or a guy who's wife has died, or a guy that has AIDS .. His films are all designed for audiences to feel sorry for his character. When is this guy going to play a serial killer or a vampire because Hanks is getting seriously predictable ..
Axl_Nose is offline  Top