View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 10:20 PM   #22
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: **Regarding the Heavyweights: who is the man...regardless?**

I wouldn't have Peter above Chagaev either, based on accomplishments. You have to give respect to the guys who have won titles.

That will change though WHEN Peter takes Maskaev's title.

Head to head is a different story as of today.

I like Chagaev's chances unlike other titlists like Ibragimov and Waldo, because he has a smaller frame and can have a really tight, responsible defense. His taking the title from the giant cannot be taken lightly. This would be a tough fight for Peter but I like his chances at pulling it out. Chagaev reminds me a lot of Eddie Chambers because he takes a backstep often and lets aggressive fighters lead. That would inevitably be a bad result against Peter.

I'd give Ibragimov zero chance at beating Peter as I think he has questionable footwork and skills while relying heavily on speed and power. Think Jeremy Williams all over again.

Waldo as you all know I feel is there for the taking. The guy simply folds when he gets hit. He had to clinch onto Sam 94-96 times over the course of 12 rounds and still suffered 3 knockdowns. His work with Stewart I feel hasn't produced much of anything except a cheap ripoff of John Ruiz. While he has alot of power and speed/technique, Sam has an extraordinary chin and a solid punch coming back. Both of which nullify any advantages Waldo may have against other opponents.
Ambition_Def is offline  Top