Old 06-25-2007, 07:55 PM   #34
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: MSTR thank god for Cotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Margarito is 5"11 .... a hard straight punching machine, he also has a crisp uppercut.

Cotto is 5"7 a wild hooking beast of a fighter who has good all round boxing skills.

Both these fighters punch output is very high. I see Cotto hooking the body, head down and hands down even further. This could be good for Marg who loves to volume punch with hard straights.

Man this fight would be hard to pick.... but i cant see Marg being dropped by body shots, i do see Cotto bleeding from his eyes and nose all fight long.
Marg has too much pride though and will try to fight inside. How is he going to use his straight punches in close Marcus. Cotto doesn't have wide hooks, he throws very compact tight punches. He is a quicker combination puncher then Marg as well. I think this will be a very bad fight for Marg, and I can see him getting hurt badly. His only real chance IMO is to catch Cotto on the way in, which will be tough to do. If natural counter punchers like Judah and Paulie struggled to do it consistently, I have my doubts that Marg can.
MSTR is offline  Top