View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 11:56 PM   #11
huki
huk huk ^_^;;
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Povetkin admits he is too weak, hires a strength coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocky
Tyson had to land that left hook for it to do damage. A prime Wlad (which I think we're still a year away from seeing) isn't the unrelaxed, nervous fighter that lost against Purrity, it's a focused fighter who keeps his opponents at distance, only bringing them in to land that monster right hand of his

He beats prime Tyson - Prime Tyson is too short to compete against the giant boxers who also have skill.
You're reducing Tyson down to someone who just had power in his left hook and didn't have the size to deal with large HWs? I didn't want to argue with you, but it just pisses me off when people underrate one the greatest HW's ever (and along with Ali, probably the best H2H HW ever). Tyson's speed/power was ****ing insane. Add the great timing and accuracy he had. Add the technical skills he had and add the great chin he had.. Wlad has NO chance whatsoever.

This "prime Wlad" you're talking about has only faced one dangerous opponent in Sam Peter and almost lost to him. The Sam Peter that wasn't even close to an elite fighter. Tyson would knock Wlad out in the early rounds and anything else would be shocking. You're quick to talk about Wlad's improved mind, but you are afraid to ever mention his chin.
huki is offline  Top