View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 01:26 PM   #17
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jake Lamotta Vs. Joe Calzaghe

As great as Jake was, this guy Calzaghe is painfully underrated here in the States. It's understandable how he can be overrrated by the British, but we do just the opposite. Remember, when every "expert" on this side of the water just about had Lacy DESTROYING Calzaghe. Brutally destroying the "pretender" from Wales. I got rather tired of the same predictions over and over again. They were overlooking Calzaghe badly to say the least. Needless to say thae had to eat their words, but began later to trash Jeff Lacy to justify themselves, which I think is despicable. Look, a Ken Buchanan type fighter, which Calzaghe aspires to, comes along every now and then. I think Calzaghe would have an excellent chance of beating Jake, and more than likely on points. No ko's or knockdowns. Calzaghe, with his speed, acurracy and incrdible workrate would be, unlike many fighters today, an excellent 15 round fighter. This would help him, and also if he resisted roughing it up with Jake. Just outbox and outpunch him, and it would be possible.
red cobra is online now  Top