Old 09-19-2007, 10:24 PM   #18
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: next star?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
I havent really been overly impressed with Sturm since the De la Hoya fight. And putting that fight into context, the hype just wasnt necessary.

De la Hoya was underprepared, out of shape and way out of his comfort zone in that fight.

Sturm just hasnt look the good since, and I think the KO loss has affected him even more. In his less than stellar peformances against Masoe and Castillejo, he looked intimidated and lost.

Not sure Pitty has the power to scare Sturm but he certainly has the imposing physical size and tricky style to give Felix a hard time.
I still say at this stage, Sturm in Germany against a non-puncher is very hard to knock off, if he is under siege he can be beaten but if is up against someone who can hurt him bad, he may well work his way to decision just doing what he has to.
Sturm style is perfectly suited to someone like Pittman. Pittman through his southpaw stance and speed, will negate almost all of his advantages. The fact that Sturm employs a turtle shell defense, will mean that Pittman will have opportunity to land and then get back out before Sturm has a chance to respond. This is very winnable for Pittman, but I would just like to see him fight a couple world ranked guys first in 12 rounders to get experience fighting at a world class pace.
MSTR is offline  Top