Old 08-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #32
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
Difference is his while Marciano is unproven against this type of fighter...Wlad already proved in the brewster purrity and even peter fight he is highly incapable against vastly inferior relentless punchers in the mold of a marciano. While Marciano is unproven...Wlad has technically proven a failure.
And again, i can say that because Rocky was down on the cards against Walcott and nearly even with Charles in their first matches after the 12th, he proved to be highly incapable of handling a bigger, stronger and harder hitting boxer in Wlad.

Cross trainer asked whether Marciano would carry his power up against superheavyweights. I don't really question that so much, but what i do question, is how well he carries his punching power up to a 6'6 target. He's really going to have to take Wlad out of there with a handful of shots, because i honestly can't see him landing enough to wear Wlad down. Wlad's holding on the inside and oustanding outside-game will make it extremely difficult to do that.

Like Magoo said, Marciano is in another league greatness-wise, but might be out of his league in a head to head sense. Certainly, looking at the dimenions and knowing that Wlad carries his athletic ability unlike most superheavies, it's not really that fair a matchup.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top