View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 09:14 AM   #29
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132
Default Re: Is Hatton's resume better than Tszyu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook
I agree with this.

also people saying that Tszyu was past his prime... Maybe his physical prime, sure. but he was a far smarter better fighter than he was in his physical peak during his late 20s. Unless it is absolutely obvious - ie as much as I rate LL's other achievements, the Tyson that fought Lewis or the Chavez that took on ODLH - I think this prime and peak stuff is a bit of nonsense. The Tsyu that fought Hatton and Mitchell could well have beaten the Tszyu that beat Chavez.

when was LL prime? vs Ruddock or vs Holy? Almost certainly vs Ruddock, but he was a better fighter by the time he fought Holyfield.

the Tszyu win was a superb result for any fighter full stop.
i dont care one anyone says but Tszyu had fought a total of 3 Professional Rounds of boxing in 2 and Half years before the Hatton.

even i as a Zoo fan knew it would be tough for him the longer the fight went on.

a win over a 36 year old Tszyu isnt as good as a win over him from 1997 until 2003 before the injury and huge layoff.

i mean some people forget that fighters can look old overnight and although Tszyu still fought hard and made Hatton work for it.

lets be honest 36 years of age when you have been fighting since 13 years of age can take its toll.

i give credit where credit is due and to beat Tszyu is a very huge win in my book but Phillips win in 1997 is better.

when people ask me about Tszyu beating Chavez i say the same thing well he was winding down in his career.
Ive also notice when Hatton fights Prime fighters he seams to go the distance and look very tired.

Great win by Hatton but Tszyu beating Judah at a time when he was underfeated and 25 years old and never lost.
is far better than Hatton beating Tszyu at 36.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top