Old 09-17-2009, 01:46 PM   #33
My2Sense
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Doug Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenfrank View Post
Terver beat every top 175 of his time except michalczewski (who didn't face roy either , so maybe it's michalczewski's fault) , you have boxrec too , you don't need that long list from me .
Dawson? Hopkins? Adamek? Calzaghe? In each case he either lost clearly to them or didn't fight them.

Quote:
johnson's resume doesn't make tarver look medicore at all.
he just had more fights. not more quality fights.
What do you define as "quality fights"?

Johnson had a total of nine fights against Charles, Moore, Walcott, Bivins, and Pastrano - and that's just counting the Hall of Famers, not the host of other top contenders he beat.

What do you consider Tarver's "quality fights"?

Quote:
his wins were decisive , his losses controversial and close and never as decisive as their rematches , except dawson when tarver was 40-41.
His losses to Hopkins, Harding, and Dawson were neither controversial nor close.

Quote:
why should i care about Henry Hall, Jimmy Slade, Paul Andrews, Wayne Bethea, Arturo Godoy, Gustav Scholz, Leonard Morrow, etc. ?
Because you said you care about guys like Woods, Griffin, Harmon, "Benguesmia", etc., who were no better than that bunch.

Quote:
their records prove what i said.
Their records show that Johnson did better against Roy, Dawson, and Harding than Tarver did, in addition to being 1-1 against him. So no, their records do not prove what you said.
My2Sense is offline  Top