Old 09-17-2009, 05:52 PM   #41
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 4120
Default Re: Doug Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Sense View Post
Dawson? Hopkins? Adamek? Calzaghe? In each case he either lost clearly to them or didn't fight them.
again : don't make me grind the dawson and hopkins things more than i did. see my other posts.
when adamek was at 175 , i don't think adamek wanted anything with tarver + adamek was not a money fight then.
fact is : he fought dawson (who beat adamek) twice.
calzaghe - i think tarver would have loved to fight him.
but not vice-versa.
calzaghe was 168 , don't forget and even when he stepped up it was to 170.
Quote:
What do you define as "quality fights"?
fights against very good fighters that are on a winning streak or at least after a controversial/competent loss.
if they have physical advantage - it just adds to the quality.
and most preferably - fighters that are at the mix of the top of your division on top i mean the beaters of the beaters of such , etc.

Quote:
Johnson had a total of nine fights against Charles, Moore, Walcott, Bivins, and Pastrano - and that's just counting the Hall of Famers, not the host of other top contenders he beat.

Quote:
What do you consider Tarver's "quality fights"?
jonesX3 , JohnsonX2,DawsonX2,HardingX2 ,reggie johnson , griffin , woods (even , because he is part of the mix of tarver's time and younger than tarver , and not smaller ) , benguesmia - stopped o'neil bell , Hopkins

Quote:
His losses to Hopkins, Harding, and Dawson were neither controversial nor close.
again , don't let me repeat the hopkins and dawson stories.
tarver's stoppage of harding was more decisive than harding's points victory over him.

Quote:
Because you said you care about guys like Woods, Griffin, Harmon, "Benguesmia", etc., who were no better than that bunch.
says who ? fleaman ?

Quote:
Their records show that Johnson did better against Roy, Dawson, and Harding than Tarver did, in addition to being 1-1 against him. So no, their records do not prove what you said.
Johnson fought jones only once he didn't do better than tarver cause tarver stopped roy much quicker , and also beat him on another ocasion
frankenfrank is offline  Top