View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 10:05 PM   #11
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I Think Wladamir Klitschko Is a Hall Of Famer

For all the above reasons that have already been listed, I have to concur with the majority here. The only thing that can be asked of a good or even great fighter is to beat the best fighters that were/are available during his time as champ. Let's face it, Lennox Lewis is gone and Wlad is never going to fight his own brother. This leaves guys like Eddie Chambers, Alexander Povetking, Nicolay Valuev and David Haye ( who is unproven. ). None of these men have been ducked by Wlad and none of them really stand out as being significantly better than many of the fighters he's already beaten. In fact, I think Ruslan Chagaev was probably the last legitimate piece of the puzzle. Of course Wlad has some unavenged losses, but so did a lot of other guys who either lost early in their careers or later when they were past it. Wlad's defeats at the hands of Corrie Sanders and Ross Purity will always be held against him to some extent, but I don't think that they outweigh his beating an entire generation of rated opponents, and unifying multiple titles.
mr. magoo is offline  Top