View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 02:45 AM   #62
VARG
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 750
Default Re: Applied Pressure Is One Of The Biggest Fluke Concepts In Boxing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff M View Post
Hatton would be considered to use effective pressure in fights where his size made up for not being as technically skilled as other fighters, or his opponents either lacked the skill or knowledge to counter it.. Same for Margarito I suppose. When they face a more skilled fighter, or one who uses an effective counter-strategy, their aggression is rendered less effective. Everyone has variations in their styles.

What intelligent pressure is to me is probably subjective, kind of like how people view human intelligence. People say you can't define intelligence as just this or that, because there are different kinds of intelligence.

I'd just call it ineffective or effective I think.
No. Intelligence is the ability to retain information, the ability to quickly asses and ****yze a problem, and articulation of thought.

You can talk to someone who doesn't come from Harvard and know instantly that they are smart.

And you can talk to someone from Harvard, and not be able to see, hear, or think they came from an ivy league school.

If that someone who didn't come from Harvard, actually WENT to Harvard...who knows what their capacity would be.

Same with boxing or just fighting in general. Once a smart pressure fighter meets a pure boxer...it's no longer a fight in style or skill...but a battle of mind and heart...a fight between intangibles. And the victor is TRULY the better man because their was nothing uneven in skill or boxing talent...but rather a difference in what someone was born with in terms of natural abilities.
VARG is offline  Top