The new style dinner show for VIP at the De Vere whites hotel last Saturday proved a great success and will now be an annual event , which we hope grows to rival the legendary Jolly boys XMAS dinner which is now waiting list only.
Boxing results from the night were :-
- A good points win for Sean on his pro debut over durable Ernie Smith has set him up for his home town debut next Sunday the 24th June on the VIP show headlined by Michael Gomez. As an incentive for the big ticket seller , Frank Maloney has said that if he comes through the next one unscathed he can box on the SKY bill on the 6th July in Wigan headlined by Jamie Moore in a WBC international fight.
- The fighting fireman finally managed to get in the ring for his pro debut after 2 false starts . His opponent Ryan Rowlinson broke his hand early on which may have contributed to the one sided contest which saw Nigel come out a clear pints winner.
- Had a rematch of his pro debut against Carl Wilde and moved to 2-0 with a repeat performance points win, showing signs of quality in batches. Another solid performance from both fighters who deserve better than fighting each other now ,as they are both decent operators.
- The Heavyweight from Bolton suffered a points loss to Zahid Kuhar , both in their pros debut. It was the most entertaining scrap of the evening and everyone in the audience believed a draw would have been a fair result - this is a scrap that we have to do again.
- As well as the best priced quality boxing gloves , tickets are available from this site for the next VIP shows at Robin Park arena in Wigan on Sunday the 24th June and Friday the 6th July.
Get on early as both these well matched shows are looking like sell outs.