Old 10-10-2009, 04:12 AM   #32
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: griff's videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.ie View Post
i remember being at work in 1990 and the lads were reading the back page of the sun about tyson fighting douglas that night, and they were asking me what chance i thought douglas had...i had only seen douglas box against tony tucker...and very confidently told the lads that he had more chance of beating tyson than the pope walking into our work the following morning and calling us all ****s...
anyway...i remember thinking around 88/89 period that tyson was so unbeatable that i honestly thought not only was he the youngest ever heavyweight champ but would also be the oldest.
I'm gonna tell ya and much as I hate to admit this, Iron Mike was. Overrated! The guy is probably the biggest boxing star ever. He revolutionize the sport. When he fought he shut down the town. This little strong dude knocking out big dudes, great marketing! Tyson was a limited fighter with arguably the best one punch ko power ever! I think he's the poster child of how fighters are brought along now. Carefully matched! They hid from Lewis and Hollyfield.

It took me a long time to admit that btw lol I grew up on Iron Mike he was our hero lol
slip&counter is offline  Top