Old 10-12-2009, 06:03 PM   #37
sam1222
**** You.
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Running Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodi View Post
Tabata is an interval - you can apply it to any conditioning exercise. Google Dr Izumi Tabata.

The basis of the tabata protocol is to follow 20 seconds of work at 100% intensity, rest for 10 seconds and repeat 8 times, which gives you a total of four minutes.

For the drill above, you would perform a set of tabata squats (4 minutes duration) immediately followed by a set of tabata sprints, which would give you a total of 8 minutes training - repeat if you can. If you are feeling really crazy, start off with a set of tabata car pushes at the beginning.

Two key points - you will need a timer with dual intervals such as a gymboss, and always make sure that you attack the drill with 100% intensity.

Good luck!
Ok mate cheers, sounds interesting

I like to mix my training up (see my training log) and this is new to me so i'll give it a try. i usually do my squats either as part of a circuit with burpees, squat thrusts, tuck jumps etc or max effort reps for 1 or 2 mins.

So, 100% effort for 20 secs, rest 10 secs then repeat x 8 right?

I'll add it to my PT pyramids or fit it in somewhere tomorrow and let you know how i get on
sam1222 is offline  Top