RichDam
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: “Someone’s gonna get hurt, and it aint gonna be me” – Michael Gomez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty

Nice comeback

Look North. I rate Carl highly, always have done. Just ask anyone in the build up to his fight against Ricky Burns, I stated time & time again I thought johanneson was a dangerous as hell opponent because of his punch power, & the fight worried me greatly. & we all know what happened.

Thats why I am writing Gomez off for this one, cos Carl despite his defeat last time out is still a fighter in his prime with power that can finish most opponents if he lands clean, & as Gomez is shot to shit nowadays I just dont see this fight being competitive if it lasts over two rounds. Unless Gomez catches johanneson cold in the first round, I see it being an easy nights work for the Leeds lad.

Its not that I am writing Gomez off, I just think Carl is a very good fighter. too good for an old shopworn Gomez.
Gomez is the last person you want to meet after a knockout loss. He will get in Carl's face and test him early on. I will be interesting to see if he freezes or weathers the storm. Gomez knows how to handle a war, but I don't think Carl does.
RichDam is offline  Top