Old 10-20-2009, 05:33 PM   #62
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Running Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf210 View Post
If your aim is really to get your 5k time down your going to need to add some longer distance runs in. I ran competitively in High School with a great coach and we almost never did less than 4 miles. You also need to add some speed training in, it will get your body used to having a higher foot turn over rate which will translate into a faster foot rate in your longer runs and an overall time.

Have you done any form drills? Most people don't realize it but you lose a lot of energy with poor form which you might not notice in a training jog but when you push your self it makes a huge difference.
Good advice mate. I've started making running more diverse thanks to the advice ive got from here.

Previous 2 days I did 6x100 m runs. 2x200 m runs. Other day was an easy 3 mile that I didnt time because I wanted to practice technique and breathing. With your point on form, thats actually something I pay attention too while running. Not only to make things easier/more functional but also because theres a lot of fashion runners around here

I'm not sure on going much further than 3 miles because but will keep that in mind.
thejokerswild is offline  Top