View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 06:02 PM   #47
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Could a prime Frazier defeat a prime Tyson ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by round15 View Post
There is no way that Tyson is more durable than Frazier. Tyson never went 15 rounds if I'm not mistaken and has nowhere near the stamina as Joe. As much as many think Tyson was a fast fighter, his pressure is nowhere near as quick attacking the oppoent as Frazier was. Tyson kept his hands high in very good guard position, but he never moved his head a frequently as Frazier to attack the opponent and make the opponent miss.

I will agree with you such that Frazier could be hit because he ate lots of jabs and some right hands in order to get inside and work the body. Yeah, Ali wasn't near his prime speed of his first title reign, but I'll conceed that Ali was a different fighter, tougher and stronger after his exile.

Yes McGrain, I am a Frazier fan, but most on this forum including yourself base most of your conclusions about Frazier losing to the majority of big punchers from the result of one fight, George Foreman 1973 which is wrong.
Tyson's chin is proven against BIG heavyweight bangers, Fraziers decidedly was NOT .Tyson never went 15rds because the distance was 12rds,that does not suggest he couldnt.
I base my concusions on Frazier on watching him from his early pro fights against the likes of Doyle,Bruce, Machen,Davis,Jones ,Wipperman ,Johnson,Chuvalo.Up to ,and through his top liner days.You assume too much.
I watched most of Frazier's fights and his wins over Mathis ,Bonavena ,Ellis , Foster,Quarry, are fresh in my memory,and not coloured by hindsight I saw them as they happened.
And in most cases bought the films of them on super 8mm.
I happen to think I am more qualified to talk on Frazier than you are.
By the way ,I am McVey.McGrain will not be very flattered by your mistake.
mcvey is offline  Top