View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 02:59 AM   #50
OLD FOGEY
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How many does Liston win vs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPontius
Floyd Patterson, who got annihilated twice.

Of course, Marciano, Dempsey and Frazier are clearly a class above Patterson in durability as well as power, but i still think they would be looking at a bad matchup in which i would not favor them. If would give Marciano the best chance of them, 40/60.

By the way, what lead Dempsey to believe Liston's chin was overrated in the 60's? And who landed many overhand rights on him or why did he conclude that?
I just watched Patterson against Liston and he did bob much more than he did against Johansson or any other of his fights which I have seen. I know it sounds silly, but he did pretty well making Liston miss for a minute and a half or so, then stood up straight as Liston knocked him out with a couple of hooks. I have to apologize, as I guess Floyd did try to be a bob and weaver. Frankly, though, Patterson did not have the chin, and he did not show much early power in most of his fights at heavyweight. I think punchers like Louis, Dempsey, Tyson, and Marciano would be an entirely different kettle of fish for Liston.
OLD FOGEY is offline  Top