View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 09:10 AM   #33
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908
Default Re: Manly V Melbourne - Who will win and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziebattler
The peach couldnt win a trick towards the end of this season.Felt like **** for a true legend of the game..Im not even a souths fan but i know Taylor pretty much spat in his face.

Still a great carreer and true legend of the game..
Just a few seconds before Parra scored near the end, I thought Peachey tackled a player from an off side position, I saw one of the Norths players look towards the ref when it happened too. I wonder if the ref didn't have the stomach to penalize the Peach which would have resulted in Parra winning because of Peachey's penalty. They won anyway though, so no harm was done.

Yeah, something was definitely up with taylor and Peach, and whatever personal problem Taylor had with him, he let it affect team selection at a vital time. That and his selection of Hegarty.

Next year should be a good one.
I'm tipping Parra ( As usual with Parra, they have goon juniors that are ready to step up) to win the minor premiership, and the Storm, Manly, and Cowboys to make up the rest of the top 4 in that order.

Souths probably won't do any better next year. I think 2009 will be the year where Souths step up significantly again.
pecks is offline  Top