mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Riddick Bowe vs Vitali Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBILL View Post
Magoo,

Yes, Tucker sustained some form of injury to his eye / cheek and the fight was halted in the mid-rds..... Seldon was awarded the WBA title and a TKO win over a 36 year old Tucker... Christ, Tucker cried a river of tears afterward to anyone who cared to listen..... My ears fell deaf after a minute or so...

Four months later on the undercard of "Tyson-McNeely," Seldon defended his title against Joe Hipp..... That fight kinda' stole the show from Tyson-McNeely for obvious reasons.......

Lamar Murphy was supposedly butt-reamed on the undercard by the judges against Miguel Angel Gonzalez.....

MR.BILL
That whole WBA elimination tournament was a butt reaming if you ask me. I think Don King did everything he could to ensure that Tyson would not have to go through Riddick Bowe or Lennox Lewis to get his hands on a strap, therefore he jerry rigged the scene so that guys like Seldon, Tucker and Bruno would be easier candidates. When the smoke cleared, Frank Bruno was holding the WBC and Bruce Seldon had the WBA - two opponents, one of whom Tyson had already creamed years earlier, while the other had been starched in one round by Bowe, beaten by Tubbs and McCall, then basically fell to the canvas after faking being tagged.This whole thing about Tyson regaining two thirds of the title post -prison needs to be taken with a grain of salt. It sure as hell can't be compared in the same context of Ali regaining the title from Foreman or Holyfield regaining it from Bowe.
mr. magoo is online now  Top