Old 11-04-2009, 01:34 PM   #43
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Czech heavy weight Ondrej Pala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post
Bowe only figths once every 2-3 years agaisnt opponents who are clinically dead.

Bowe and Mercer would be no matches for Pala,but both Americans still have very recognisable names.
I disagree with stalker. Pala will move up in the ranks anyway with a powerful promoter behind his back.
At this point of time Bakhtov plays in a totally different dimension than the abovementioned two old geezers,but.........who outside us circle of hardcore fans has ever heard of him.
No one in the states says: Hey,Pala,isnt he the guy who beat Mazikin,or Aurich?
Nigerian heavy weight Olokoun has enhanced his name recognition tremendously by beating Lamon Brewster.
Admittingly,Brewster is still a far better fighter than Bowe and Mercer at this stage of their careers.
Nevertheless,fighting someone like Bowe stands for high reward,and little risk whereas Bakhtov stands for high risk,little reward.

I for my part tend to think that Bowe and Mercer,as shot as they are,are still very known names over there in the states.

A powerful promoter and good matchmaking are the alpha and omega of this business.Ray Austin will meet Maskaev in an eliminator.
Damn! Austin who hasnt done shit to deserve an eliminator fight.I am absolutely positive that Pala can beat him.
Odo is offline  Top