Old 11-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #29
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Riddick Bowe vs Vitali Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBILL View Post
I thought Mike Tyson was doing well with Tommy Brooks in his corner, but Tyson's ego surfaced and Brooks was let go....... Tyson was horrid in his fights against "Lewis, Williams & McBride." I'll pass on mentioning Clifford Etienne cuz the "Black Rhino" came to collect a payday not to fight in 2003.....

MR.BILL
He had a shot with Brooks. He was improving, fight by fight. Tyson had a good run up until the Golota fight, and then he basically had to start over with Nielson. Who knows, Nielson probably was paid to throw in the towel, because Tyson was close to gassing out, and God forbid they risk the Lewis fight. Like I said before, I think Tyson was ready to face Lewis after Golota, he was somewhat consistently fighting.
Brooks was let go because he wouldnt cut his fee to train Tyson for the Lewis fight, but always maintained a call from Tyson would have easily persuaded him to do it. He believed Finkel was the reason behind it and had been short changed on previous fights.
I hold Brooks very highly as a trainer. He was THE guy who set the gameplan for Holyfield vs Tyson. Holy went back to Turner being the lead guy for the Lewis fights when Brooks left for Tyson.
lefthook31 is offline  Top