Old 11-08-2009, 07:42 PM   #48
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Riddick Bowe vs Vitali Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBILL View Post
**** me raw................... Look............. All I'm stating is, Buster D. had the damn fight going his way in '87......... Tony Tucker looked clueless and ordinary against Douglas on the undercard of "Tyson-Thomas." Buster Douglas had the tools to beat Tucker, but his conditioning and stamina betrayed him once again......... Douglas was a lemon / flop, cuz he was a lazy slob for the most part of his career but, the guy had talent / skill....... Deep down, Douglas was better than Tucker....... But Tucker did have better training habits......... Cheers...........

MR.BILL
Thats kind of part of being a top fighter though. Its not all about talent. Toughness, training, discipline, etc all part of it. Douglas didnt have what it took in the trenches most times, he just wasnt interested in getting into a deep tough brawl. If he was, I believe your right he would have acomplished a lot more, because he did have real good skills, and you saw what he could do when he was willing to fight against Tyson.
lefthook31 is offline  Top