View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 02:16 AM   #60
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Larry Merchant on Hector Camacho......

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrooster
I suppose that means I should overlook the fact roger crumpled like a cheap deck of cards the following year. because there was no talk of his ****py chin at the time, that makes Roger the #1 titlist that Hector "failed" to meet.
The following year doesn't count sorry. Mayweather pre Lockridge was considered all but on par with Camacho, on par for some.

Quote:
And lets not forget the reason why Roger was so highly touted-----the reason is?
If you were as well travelled back in the 80's as you claim you wouldn't need be asking. Maybe you are like the barbers cat, full of **** and wind

Quote:
why should he? Hector won and was the champ-and Hector's not interested in fighting retreads like Rosario, much less a guy edwin retread ko'd in two.
I meant pre Rosario. Hector went for the much slower and better stylistic fit in Ramirez. Still possibly his best win ever tho. I'd say it might be his best exhibition. I am not so agenda laden as to claim this wasn't a superb performance. Ramirez suited him, and Camacho sure put on a helluva display.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top