Old 06-27-2007, 02:04 PM   #25
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Witter Vs Harris on the 7th September

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike
Witters power is awesome. He did not sit on his shots before the loss to Judah, but when he was a very young pro people were talking about his power and wondering why he wasn't showing it in the ring.
After Judah he went back and decided to sit down on his shots, look for power as his dancing, Graham impression had not cut it against the best.

He then won 15 KO victories in a row. But more impressively he had N'Dou all over the place and down twice in the first 2 rounds. He bust his hand and the fight ended up going the distance. But look at how he has N'Dou down and almost out a guy who ate what Cotto had and never really looked like being stopped.

Witter savaged Battaglia and had Corley in huge trouble with one glancing shot in the 6th round (if I remember it right). When he connects you are in trouble.
I never claimed he was featherfisted, I just claim that he was not a very "big" hitter. You can't use throwing N'dou around, when Malignaggi dropped N'dou and buzzed him several times, N'dou is obviously effected by speedy delivery, which Naggi and Witter have and what Cotto doesn't as much. Cotto mauls you.

Anyway, he *could* stop Harris, but I don't think he'd have a gameplan where trying to stop him is the motive(which he'd need to go all out on Harris), so I'd take him by UD.
Amsterdam is offline  Top