Old 11-18-2009, 11:22 AM   #54
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogii3 View Post
Sauerland gave to Kubrat Pulev Otto Ramin as a personal coach in Germany, but i am not sure if Kubrat has intentions to learn the language. He said in an interview that his girlfriend knows Deutsch and will be with him for the next fight. Valuev also do not know to speak well German and during pressconference he used translator (i was attending in just one, but think that he didn't improve a lot his language skills since last year).

Takov has big experience as professional coach. He worked as i said with Tontcho Tontchev during his enti career. Also was training with retired as unbeaten heavyweight Georgi Kandelaki. We may add that he spend a lot of time working in the Lennox Lewis college before it was closed in 98 or 99. During this time almost all of Panos Eliadies boxers trained thеre.
Ivo is right,ogii!
Pulev has to learn German in order to enhance his financial markebility and to collect big paychecks.
Valuev is a mutant-no need for him to pick up the language of his host nation.
Pulev is a smart fighter. I very much hope that he is also a smart businessman.
He has to learn either German or English to make some big bucks in the paid ranks.
I also agree with Ivo in as far as he has to move over to Germany at one point of his career.
The Germans have quite a handful of experienced pro trainer who k now the ropes and who can teach an old dog some new tricks.
As much as I like Bulgaria and the Bulgarians( I met some very likeable guys from Bulgaria when I was in Spain some weeks ago) your native soil is not the place to be in order to be successful in the paid ranks of pro boxing
Odo is offline  Top